SAP Applications Are First to Be Integrated through ION by Infor
, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced packaged integration using Infor10 ION
to connect with third-party applications. Infor10 ION is an open, lightweight middleware platform that raises the bar for speed, interoperability and business process management across Infor and non-Infor applications. Infor is immediately delivering ION Connector for use with SAP applications, with plans to roll out additional integrations to other non-Infor applications, including multiple Oracle applications, over the next year. Customers can also quickly build ION Connectors for their custom applications.
“Heterogenous technologies and applications are the reality for our customers. Infor is stepping up and developing products that improve process flows among applications from multiple vendors whether on premise or in the cloud so customers can realize more value from their existing investments,” said Duncan Angove, president, Products and Customer Service, Infor. “Infor10 ION Connector provides companies that run both Infor and non-Infor applications the pre-built connectivity, business process monitoring, data sharing, and enhanced workflows that enable them to make fast, informed decisions and speed the process of business.”
Infor10 ION Connector for SAP will be available for Infor10 PLM Process (Optiva)
,Infor10 EAM Enterprise
and Infor10 Supply Chain Execution
. Connectivity to Infor10 Supply Chain Planning
is expected to become available in the first quarter of 2012, with additional Infor applications to follow.
Infor10 ION Suite contains:
• ION Business Vault – A single business repository where ION Suite stores enterprise data, providing a robust platform for reporting, business intelligence and analytics
• ION Connect – Communication and secure data sharing across on-premise and cloud-based applications
• ION Desk – An intuitive browser-based interface used to monitor all Infor ION services
• ION Event Management – Automated task monitoring in relation to promised completion and proactive alerting of exceptions
• ION Pulse – Like a hybrid of Google Alerts and Twitter to track pre-determined keywords or data elements across an entire enterprise, an alert is triggered and sent to the user when a keyword or element pops up in any application